POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adopted: Tuesday, May 10, 1977
Revision Number: 1
Revision Date: Tuesday, December 7, 1993
Reference: Student Affairs, Administrative
Pearl River Community College is in compliance with provisions granted under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Under this law, students enrolled in any educational institution receiving Federal funds are given certain rights concerning their college records.
The policy of Pearl River Community College provides for:
- Informing students of their rights.
- Permitting students to inspect and review their college records.
- Not disclosing personally identifiable information from the college records of a student without the prior written consent of the student, except as otherwise permitted by law.
- Maintaining the records of disclosures of personally identifiable information from the college records of a student and permitting the student to inspect that record.
- Providing the student with an opportunity to seek the correction of their record if and when their record may be in question.
Persons seeking information about student records will be directed to the Office of Admissions, Business Office, or Financial Aid Office where they will be informed of the College’s policy regarding student records.