Choose Dual Enrollment and get a jump start on your degree!
What is Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit?
A dual-enrolled student is a high school junior or senior who is also enrolled at PRCC, taking college classes online, on a PRCC campus, or on the high school campus. Classes taken as dual credit count towards both the college and high school diploma requirements.
Who can take Dual Enrollment classes?
A high school student is eligible for dual enrollment at Pearl River Community College if the student has:
- Completed 14 Core High School Units (If a student has a 30+ ACT composite, this is waived.);
- Has a 3.0 or higher GPA in High School;
- Has ACT Scores (Courses that have college prerequisites must be met.); and
- Has High School Recommendation from high school counselor/principal
Why take Dual Enrollment classes?
- Provides students with a wider range of courses thereby enhancing their education
- Facilitates a seamless transition from high school to college
- Allows students to accumulate college credits prior to entering college
- Can lower the cost of post-secondary education
- Gives students access to student resources at PRCC
How to Register
for Dual Enrollment Classes
NEW DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS: Have you applied to PRCC?
Yes. Go to Step 2.
No. Complete the Admissions Application by clicking APPLY.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Go to Step 2.
Visit the Dual Enrollment tile in RiverGuide to start your Recommendation Form
Done? Go to Step 3.
Speak to your High School Counselor.
Seek advisement for your counselor about the courses you should take. Then your counselor will complete your recommendation form.
Delivery Options and Locations of Dual Enrollment Classes
Students can take Dual Enrollment classes at a PRCC campus, online through PRCC’s eLearning Department, or at certain high school campuses.
Research shows students who take dual enrollment classes are more likely to complete a college degree!
Meet the Dual Enrollment Team!
Dr. Karen Bond
Director of Dual Enrollment
Contact Dr. Bond if your district is interested in providing dual enrollment opportunities for your students, including academic and career technical courses, as well as Middle College options.
Mrs. Lisa Mapp
Dual Enrollment Assistant
Mrs. Mapp serves as the dual enrollment liaison for high schools located in Pearl River, Forrest, Hancock, and Lamar counties, as well as home school students.
Mr. Trael Hinton
Dual Enrollment Administrative Assistant
Mr. Hinton serves as the dual enrollment liaison for high schools located in Marion and Jefferson Davis counties.