POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE Tuesday, June 10, 1997 2 Tuesday, May 13, 2014 Student Affairs
Pearl River Community College requires students to meet specific guidelines to reside in college
College Housing: Holden Hall, Moody Hall, Huff Hall, Lamar Hall, Hancock Hall, Pearl River Hall, Marion Hall, and Forrest Hall.
- Effective January 2015, a student must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 semester hours to live in college housing.
- A student must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined below to reside in college housing.
HOURS ATTEMPTED FOR GPA 0-24 25-36 37 & above
MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA 1.5 1.75 2.0
- If a student fails to meet the above requirements, he/she is placed on probation for one semester. If student does not remove deficiency during the probationary semester, he/she will be suspended from residency in college housing for a minimum of one semester or until the deficiency is removed.
- A student may appeal dismissal from college housing by doing so in writing to the Assistant Vice President of Student Services (the appeal must be within 3 days of dismissal with sufficient justification given).
- A student must be seventeen years of age or older to reside in college housing.