Why Transfer to PRCC?
When a student transfers to PRCC they are setting themselves up for success for the rest of their lives. By getting accepted into PRCC you are positioning yourself to either take your earned knowledge, skills, and experience straight into the workforce to enjoy success. Or you will be primed to transition into an academic career at a 4-year university, where many of your PRCC credits will transfer over and count towards your degree. Whichever route is right for you, there are plenty of options to choose from when pursuing your academic success with us.
I am a...
Transferring to PRCC
I have attended at least one other college.
Complete the application for
An official transcript from the last college attended is required. Additional transcripts from regionally accredited colleges will be needed if requesting transfer credits for PRCC graduation..
Please contact the previous institution for these transcripts.
Attend a ROAR Orientation Session
• ROAR is highly recommended for transfer students who have completed fewer than 15 credit hours.
• Sign up for a ROAR session at the Poplarville Campus, Forrest County Campus, or Hancock Campus.
there are a few more things to do for enrollment.
• Complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (PRCC School Code: 002430)
• Apply for MTAG online at MS Office of Financial Aid
• Apply for Scholarships
• Visit the Financial Aid Office in the Administration Building for assistance
Meet with an Advisor to
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
• If you did not attend a ROAR Orientation Session and need to meet with an advisor, please call (601) 403-1250 (Poplarville Campus) or (601) 554-5500 (Forrest County Campus) to schedule an appointment.
Go to the Business Office in the ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
• Confirm financial aid and/or enrollment in
the Nelnet Payment Plan
• Pick up your PRCC Student ID
• Commuter and Residence Hall students, purchase your parking decal - see link below
With all that done, you can consider yourself officially enrolled at Pearl River. Now there are a few other things to take care of before classes start.
Pick up Parking Decal from
• Must have a Completed Vehicle Registration Form
• Valid Driver's License
• Proof of Auto Insurance
• Vehicle Tag Number
at the Wildcat Textbook Distribution Center
• You can also purchase your books online at the link below or The Wildcat Distribution Center
• Must have PRCC Student ID and Class Schedule
• If you take classes using an eBook, you will not be required to purchase your textbooks through the Bookstore. A fee for the eBook will automatically be charged to your PRCC student account.
Need a DORM ROOM?
• Submit a Housing Application
• Call the Housing Office at (601) 403-1412 for assistance
Wildcat Gear and the
books you need at the
price you want.
Transferring from PRCC
PRCC participates in the Articulation Agreement between Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and the Mississippi State Board for Community and Junior Colleges. This Articulation Agreement contains Academic/University Transfer programs of study appropriate for community college students who plan to transfer to public universities in Mississippi. Additional transfer information on public universities in Mississippi, can be found on the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning’s website http://www.mississippi.edu/cjc/.
PRCC’s Transfer Guide is used to share announcements on the latest transfer opportunities. Current PRCC students can self-enroll in the course to know when transfer recruiters are on campus, when college fairs are happening, and when other transfer events or opportunities are taking place.
A student who intends to transfer to a four-year college or university after attending Pearl River Community College should follow a university (academic) bachelor’s degree transfer program of study. A student following a transfer program of study has the opportunity to earn the Associate in Arts degree at PRCC. Typically, up to one-half of the total semester hours required for a bachelor’s degree may be transferred from a community college and applied to that degree at a university or four-year college.
Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in their particular cases. The student is advised to consult the catalog of the university offering the program and to seek advisement from an academic counselor or a faculty member in the PRCC department that is shown. In addition, the online Mississippi Articulation and Transfer Tool (MATT) is an excellent tool that allows students to quickly note the classes required for specific degrees at the state’s public universities and colleges.
How to Prepare
- Meet with an academic counselor/advisor at PRCC
- Consider which program and university for transfer
- Declare a major at 24 college credit hours or sooner
- Contact the transfer services office at the transfer institution to obtain information relating to application deadlines, transfer policies, financial aid policies, and other available assistance
- Plan to meet and/or exceed the admission requirements for the university and program
- Complete the AA degree and prerequisite courses prior to transfer
Mississippi Colleges and Universities Articulation Agreement
For students planning to attend a public Mississippi four-year college or university after their graduation from Pearl River Community College, we recommend visiting the Mississippi Articulation and Transfer Tool (MATT) website. MATT allows students to see what courses will transfer to public colleges and universities through their Transfer By Major section.
To learn more about the Transfer Application Process to Mississippi four-year institutions, please see the links below:
Public Colleges and Universities
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.