Disability Services

PRCC Supports Equal Opportunity

Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publications, in Poplarville or Hancock, contact Dalton Spiers at 101 Hwy 11 N., Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1214. In Hattiesburg, contact Eddie Sandifer at 5448 Hwy 49 S, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 or 601-403-1215. For inquiries regarding Title IX, contact Alexandra Kennedy, Title IX Coordinator, at 101 Hwy 11 N., Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1546.


A: Disability Services are available through the PRCC Disability Office. Students must self notify the Disability Service Office of the need for Disability Services. Students must complete an application for Disability Services and provide current and relevant documentation of the disability.

A:  No. The student must self-disclose to the college Disability Office personnel, meaning they must request Disability Services at the point they wish to receive services. Students must notify the Disability Office each semester that they wish to receive Disability Services as well..

A: The national admission test, ex. ACT, will make accommodations; however, students must apply for accommodations through the national office.  Request for accommodations for College Placement Tests that are administered by the College to place students into Career/Technical Programs, ex. TABE or CPAT, must be made with the College’s Disability Service Office.

A:  Accommodations are individualized, depending on the disability. Examples of frequent accommodations may be extended test time or testing in a minimally distracting area.

A:  Any physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities such as, caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, seeing, hearing, eating, sleeping, walking, standing, lifting, bending, speaking, breathing, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating, and working, qualify for Disability Services.

A: The student must provide current and relevant documentation to the designated ADA Coordinator and it must be sufficient to justify students request for accommodation.

A:  Students with an Occupation Diploma or Special Education Certificate are eligible to take Welding. To take participate in welding, students must pass the C-pat and TABE.