In 1909, Pearl River College began its historical odyssey as the state’s first county agricultural high school. For the first eleven years, the school was devoted solely to educating high school age children in academic studies and agricultural and home sciences. In the school’s twelfth year, PRCAHS became the first Mississippi agricultural high school to offer freshman college courses. By 1924, the school became the first public two-year college in the state. All through its existence, Pearl River College has led Mississippi education into new arenas.