In 1933, Pearl River County Agricultural High School and Junior College applied to the War Department for the organization of a Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps unit. By 1946 the Military Department had become a very important part of the schools curriculum. The 1946 school catalog states (page 15):
In 1936 the Military Department was added, detailing a U.S. Army officer as Professor of Military Science and Tactics. Thus P.R.C. became the first, and is still, the only Junior College in Mississippi to be accorded this distinction.
These pictures are by no means a complete representation of those Military Years at PRCC, but will serve to show how tremendous a change took place in the “look and feel” of PRCAHS’ students and campus.