Residence Life

Health Services

Wellness Center

Wildcat Den

Men's Halls

Pearl River Community College offers six men's residence halls.

Women's Halls

Pearl River Community College offers four women's residence halls.

How to Apply for Student Housing

Apply for admission  to Pearl River Community College and be accepted.

Once you are accepted, wait three days for your credentials to be sent to the email address you provided on your application.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and apply for financial aid (if applicable)

Read and understand the  Cat Country Guide, student handbook and  Guide to River Living, student housing handbook.

Complete the  Student Housing Application(no application fee required), using the credentials emailed to you three days after you have submitted your admissions application. 

Complete the admissions process by submitting applicable official transcripts and test scores.

Attend ROAR Orientation and or/Register for Classes. First time entering fall dormitory students MUST attend a ROAR summer orientation session and register for classes.

All first-time residence hall students must provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella within 30 days of the start of classes (Residence Hall Immunization Requirement) 

If you decide to cancel your housing application, please email at least three weeks prior to the first day of classes. 

Student Housing Application Open Dates:

Spring Semester – June 15 
Fall Only/Academic Year – New Freshmen/New Transfer Students – November 1 
Summer Session(s) – August 15 

Priority Dates to Submit Student Housing Application

Spring Semester – November 1 
Fall Only/Academic Year – December 1 
Summer Session(s) – March 1 

Personal Property (Renter's) Insurance

Pearl River Community College does not insure student belongings and is not liable for loss or damage. Students are encouraged to check with their family’s insurance provider to determine how their homeowner’s/ apartment dweller’s policy might cover their personal property. If this coverage is not provided, students may wish to consider obtaining personal renter’s insurance.

What to Bring

It’s important to know what to bring with you when you live in campus housing. Below is a list of necessities and some extras to help make your campus living a positive experience: 

  • Bed Linens (Twin XL), pillows, blankets 
  • Towels and other bathroom necessities 
  • School supplies – book bag, paper, pens, pencils, laptop, printer, etc. 
  • An umbrella for rainy days 
  • Cleaning supplies 
  • Storage boxes with locks 
  • Laundry basket and detergent (quarters for laundry) 
  • Small first-aid kit 
  • Renter’s insurance or a personal property rider on your parents’ insurance 
  • Television 
  • Microwave- 1500 watts or less 
  • Refrigerator- 4.5 cubic feet 

What to Leave

Items that are not allowed on campus are listed below. Please refer to the Guide to River Living – Residence Life handbook, for a complete list of rules and regulations. 

  • No command strips/hooks, nails, or tape on dormitory walls. 
  • Weapons of any kind 
  • Ammunition 
  • Alcoholic beverages and/or empty containers 
  • Controlled substances 
  • Candles 
  • Hotplates, toasters, and/or toaster ovens 
  • Personal air-conditioners or space heaters 
  • Pets 
  • Water guns 
  • Firecrackers or other explosives 
  • Grills 
  • Incense 
  • Satellite dishes 


A: All students admitted to Pearl River Community College on the Poplarville Campus can apply for student housing. 

A: Apply for admissions to Pearl River Community College and be accepted. 
Once you are accepted, wait three days for your credentials to be sent to the email address you provided on your application. Complete the Student Housing Application in RiverGuide using the credentials emailed to you. Housing applications open for Spring (June 1st), Summer (August 1st), and Fall (September 1st).

A: Women’s Dorms- Forrest Hall ($2,450), Holden Hall ($2,250), and Moody Hall ($2,250) per semester. 

Men’s Dorms- Lamar Hall ($2,450), Marion Hall ($2,450), Hancock Hall ($2,450), Huff Hall ($2,250), and Pearl River Hall ($2,250) per semester.

The seven-day meal plan is included in the price. 

A: A student can apply for student housing as soon as they are admitted to Pearl River Community College. We highly recommend applying as early as possible as space is limited. Priority dates are as follows: Spring (November 1st), Fall (December 1st), and Summer (March 1st).

A:  Yes, the housing application is separate from the college’s admission application. Make sure to apply in a timely manner for a room. 

A: All residence hall space is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

A:  Semester room and board charges will be added to your PRCC account and can be paid in the business office.

A: The amount that is awarded to each student varies. Make sure to contact the PRCC Financial Aid and Scholarships office to inquire about your status. 

A: Yes, students can apply for on-campus housing for the fall semester only, spring semester only, summer session(s), and for the academic year. 

A: Residing on campus is optional for all PRCC students, but students who live in the residence halls tend to have more satisfaction with their college experience, stay in school, and graduate at higher rates than students who live off-campus. Living on campus has many benefits. 

A: Yes, the Office of Residence Life will accept and process all applications but we encourage you to complete FAFSA before you attend a ROAR session (first-time students) or register for classes (returning students). 

A: Prices for housing include all utilities, Wi-Fi, in-room basic cable service, furnishings, a seven-day meal plan, and 24-hour site staff. 

A: All residents must be enrolled in at least fifteen (15) credit hours to live on campus.

A: Move-in schedules will be provided with the student’s room assignment letter that is sent out through PRCC student email accounts. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate early move-in requests.

A: For information regarding accommodations in the dormitory, please contact the PRCC ADA Coordinator or click here. 

A:  Students may terminate their Residence Halls Service Agreement by mail, email, or phone call prior to check-in. After check-in, residents may terminate their Residence Hall Contract with the Office of Residence and Student Life in person and follow procedures for proper checkout.

A: Students can request a room transfer with their dormitory head resident during the first three days after check-in. Any transfer after the first three days will result in a $50 charge. 

A: The dormitory will be closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. Students can leave their belongings if they plan to return for the spring semester. Students should throw away perishable food items during those breaks.

A: All PRCC dorms are fully furnished. Each student will have a bed with a twin XL mattress, desk with desk chair, dresser, and closet. 

A: No pets are allowed in residence halls.

A: All residents have a meal plan included in the dormitory cost.

A: Yes, all residents can have cars on campus. You can purchase a parking decal online at or in the business office.

A: Resident Assistants (RA) are students committed to helping residents enjoy all aspects of campus life. The RA serves as the liaison between the students and administrators, reports maintenance requests, informs residents of upcoming events, and also lends an ear when needed. The RA provides the opportunity for residents to get acquainted through planned activities, educational programs, and being knowledgeable of various services offered on campus. For more information about becoming a resident assistant check out the application.

Looking for a comprehensive guide?

Our Guide To River Livin' is designed to help students and parents prepare for campus life and enjoy the most Pearl River has to offer.