If you decide to cancel your housing application, visit the Housing Portal in RiverGuide. During the cancellation period, there will be an option to withdraw your application. If there is no option to withdraw, contact email@example.com.
Student Housing Application Open Dates:
Spring Semester – June 15
Fall Only/Academic Year – New Freshmen/New Transfer Students – November 1
Summer Session(s) – August 15
Priority Dates to Submit Student Housing Application
Spring Semester – November 1
Fall Only/Academic Year – December 1
Summer Session(s) – March 1
Personal Property (Renter's) Insurance
Pearl River Community College does not insure student belongings and is not liable for loss or damage. Students are encouraged to check with their family’s insurance provider to determine how their homeowner’s/ apartment dweller’s policy might cover their personal property. If this coverage is not provided, students may wish to consider obtaining personal renter’s insurance.
What to Bring
It’s important to know what to bring with you when you live in campus housing. Below is a list of necessities and some extras to help make your campus living a positive experience:
- Bed Linens (Twin XL), pillows, blankets
- Towels and other bathroom necessities
- School supplies – book bag, paper, pens, pencils, laptop, printer, etc.
- An umbrella for rainy days
- Cleaning supplies
- Storage boxes with locks
- Laundry basket and detergent (quarters for laundry)
- Small first-aid kit
- Renter’s insurance or a personal property rider on your parents’ insurance
- Microwave- 1500 watts or less
- Refrigerator- 4.5 cubic feet
What to Leave
Items that are not allowed on campus are listed below. Please refer to the Guide to River Living – Residence Life handbook, for a complete list of rules and regulations.
- No command strips/hooks, nails, or tape on dormitory walls.
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages and/or empty containers
- Controlled substances
- Hotplates, toasters, and/or toaster ovens
- Personal air-conditioners or space heaters
- Water guns
- Firecrackers or other explosives
- Satellite dishes