POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE Tuesday, May 10, 1977 1 Wednesday, May 10, 2006 Student Affairs
Pearl River Community College has a dress code for students.
- Students will not be allowed to wear short cut-offs, cropped tops, halter tops, “see-through” blouses, or short shorts.
- Tank tops may be worn after 3:00 p.m. except in the Cafeteria. This includes tank tops, not undershirts or tank tops that have been modified in outward appearance. Tank tops which have been cut or ripped up the side are not acceptable.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn at all times.
- The wearing of any type of clothing in an improper or disruptive manner will not be allowed (indecent exposure, pants below the waistline, short shorts, cropped tops, no sexually explicit attire, etc.).
- Students are not allowed to wear or display any gang symbols.
- Any dress determined to be inappropriate will not be tolerated.