POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adopted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Revision Number: 1
Revision Date: Friday, January 3, 2003
Reference: Educational Programs
Pearl River Community College supports the Garvin H. Johnston Library (including Testing Centers) at the main campus in Poplarville with branches at the Forrest County Campus in Hattiesburg and at the Hancock Campus in Waveland.
The purpose of the College Libraries is to support and enhance the curriculum of the college and meet the educational needs and interests of the college community.
In striving to accomplish this, the following goals have been set:
- To select, acquire, and organize print and non-print materials that will meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students in an atmosphere that encourages learning.
- To provide comprehensive, current collections of diverse materials and formats purchased in compliance with sound selection guidelines.
- To provide appropriate technology in order to enhance learning, instruction, and information retrieval.
- To adequately staff the libraries and testing facilities with qualified individuals and to serve users in a professional manner.
- To maintain and develop library and testing services that meet the educational needs and interest of the college community.
- To provide resources to all PRCC learners.
- To serve as an extension of the classroom by providing an orientation program that teaches effective use of the Library and encourages the use of all materials.
- To provide a secure, quality testing environment that supports all areas of the institution.
- To cooperate with other institutions, libraries, and agencies in the sharing of resources throughout the state.