POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE Tuesday, June 8, 1976 6 Tuesday, April 7, 2015 Student Affairs, Administrative, Financial Resources
The Board of Trustees will review and assess all students’ payments and refunds.
- The faculty will recommend any change in fees, payments, rentals, or refunds within the department to program directors or department chairs by December of each year.
- The program directors and department chairs will make their recommendations to the appropriate Vice President in January of each year.
- The Vice President and the Vice President for College Operations will recommend to the President any changes in fees, payments, rentals, or refunds by February 1.
- The Vice President for College Operations will notify the appropriate Vice President of any changes in assessment of fees, payments, rentals, or refunds.
- The next publication of the College Catalog, faculty handbook, student handbook, and other college publications will reflect the approved changes.
- Students who officially withdraw or cut out of all classes during a semester will have their financial accounts reviewed to determine if adjustments to institutional fees should be made. The institutional refund policy is applied to all students without regard to academic classification or eligibility of Title IV student assistance. The policy is in compliance with the Federal Refund and Federal Pro-Rata guidelines.
- Tuition and fees are assessed at the same rate and manner for all classroom offerings, including distance education courses, off-campus, and weekend and evening courses. All students will receive monthly student account statements by email to their PRCC student email address. Payment may be made by mail or online through the PRCC RiverGuide website, or in person at the PRCC Business Office, Poplarville or Hattiesburg. Returned checks will result in the cancellation of the student’s schedule and the assessment of a returned check fee to the student’s account. All students may view their student account via the PRCC RiverGuide website.
- In accordance with Mississippi Code 37-103-25, Pearl River Community College shall charge tuition at the in-state tuition rate for a student who is a veteran as defined by Title 38 of the United States Code, or a person entitled to education benefits under Title 38 of the United States Code.
|Fall & Spring Semesters||Percentage Refund||Summer Terms|
|End of 2nd Week||75%||50%|
|End of 3rd Week||50%||0|
|End of 4th Week||25%||0|
|NO REFUND AFTER 4TH WEEK|
|ROOM & BOARD|
|Fall & Spring Semesters Withdrawn by:||Percentage Refund|
|Before Classes Begin||100%|
|SUMMER SEMESTER: NO ROOM AND BOARD REFUNDS|
Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Vice President for College Operations, Pearl River Community College, P.O. Box 5060, 101 Highway 11 North, Poplarville, MS 39470. Any refund will be mailed to the student at the address of his/her record.
Payment of Fees
Tuition and fees are due and payable at the start of each term. Pearl River Community College requires students with out-of-pocket balances to enroll their balances with the Nelnet Payment Plan. The Plan provides an interest free monthly payment plan for those students who either do not have financial aid or do not have enough financial aid to cover the full cost of attendance. Simply go to RiverGuide, enter user ID and pin number, click on the Payment Plan icon, click on the Nelnet brochure or Nelnet Payment Link under Quick Links. Here the student will enroll only the out-of-pocket portion of their student account. The PRCC Business Office will receive notification of the enrollment within 24 hours. The account enrollment in the Payment Plan will satisfy the financial requirements for registration. Those students who wish to pay in full up front may do so at the PRCC Business Office. Statements will be emailed each month to the student’s PRCC email address. Payments can be mailed to the Business Office or can be made at the Business Office located in the Administration Building. Online payments can be made by visiting the College’s website at www.prcc.edu and RiverGuide. Business Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A schedule of current fees may be obtained online at www.prcc.edu/admissions/tuition-fees, or from the Business Office, or by calling (601) 403-1204, 1205, 1130.
Student fees for living in residence halls include room and board (meals) without exception. Each identification card is validated on a semester basis.
*No student may register for classes if a prior term has not been paid in full.
Refunds of Financial Aid
- Grant refunds (Pell, SEOG) will be made by the seventh week of each semester provided the student was awarded the grant in time to do so. Refunds to late applicants will be made later within the semester.
- Student loan checks received by the College will be applied to outstanding student fees and expenses. Refunds from the student loan checks will be made weekly following the seventh week of classes each semester. Disbursement of additional student loan checks will be made weekly throughout the semester.
All student financial aid refunds will be disbursed as a direct deposit to the student’s checking or savings account. No paper checks will be issued for student financial aid refunds. Direct deposit information should be entered by the student via RiverGuide and Wildcat Web. Click on the Student Tab, Student Accounts, Direct Deposit Update and enter all bank information.