POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adopted: Tuesday, September 11, 2001
Reference: Physical Facilities
The naming of buildings should be regarded as the highest of personal honors that can be bestowed upon an individual or upon an entity by the College. Therefore, serious consideration will be given to the naming of buildings using the following criteria:
- The building may be named after one of the College’s supporting counties.
- If the building is named after an individual, the person shall be a well-known direct associate of the College.
- Preference should be given to a former trustee, administrator, faculty, founder of the College, or other lay citizen whose direct support and assistance to the College has promoted and advanced the well-being and growth of the College.
- The person selected should be of high character and widely respected and accepted within the community and the College.
- As a community based institution, preference will be given to local resident supporters over state or national political leaders.
- When the naming of a building is to be considered, recommendations will be sought from the Pearl River Community College Alumni Association, Board of Directors of the Development Foundation, and the general public.
- Recommendations will be received by the Board of Trustees and forwarded to the Buildings and Grounds Committee for study and recommendation.
- The recommendation of the Buildings and Grounds Committee will be presented to the Board of Trustees for consideration and approval.