POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE Monday, November 4, 1985 2 Thursday, June 15, 2006 Educational Programs
The College will award credit on the Advanced Placement Examinations administered by the College Entrance Examination Board.
A student will receive 3 semester hours credit for a score of 3 and 6 semester hours credit for a score of 4 or 5 on Advanced Placement (AP) subject examinations.
- A student must earn a minimum of 15 semester hours of college credit at PRCC before Advanced Placement credit is posted to the transcript.
- A grade of “AP” is given for Advanced Placement Credit. No quality points are awarded and the grade does not figure in the student’s grade point average (GPA).
- Students are restricted to 20 semester hours of credit, with no more than 8 semester hours or 2 courses in any one subject area.
- Test scores must be on file in the Admissions Office.
- Credit will be awarded only in subjects that are taught at PRCC.
- Advanced placement credit may apply to graduation at PRCC; however, students who wish to transfer to a senior institution should check with that institution to insure that AP scores will be honored in transfer.