POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Tuesday, October 12, 1976
Revision No: 12
Revision Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
Educational opportunities are provided for students attending Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publications, contact Eddie Sandifer, ADA Coordinator, 101 Hwy 11 N., Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1215. For inquiries regarding Title IX, contact Alexandra Kennedy, Title IX Coordinator, at 101 Hwy 11 N., Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1546.
In order to be fully admitted as an academic, technical or career student (including on-campus, off-campus, and online students) the following documents must be submitted:
- PRCC Application for Admission
- Official transcript from an accredited high school indicating graduation date and regular high school diploma type, GED transcript, or HISET transcript indicating passing
- Official transcript from the last college attended; additional transcripts from regionally accredited colleges for any transfer credits needed for PRCC gradutaion
- ACT or Accuplacer scores for General Education, Technical, or Career students
Until these items are received, the student will be provisionally accepted unless he or she meets one of the following conditions to be admitted as a non-degree seeking student:
- The requirement to enroll in dual enrollment/dual credit academic, career, or technical classes; or
- The requirements to enroll in an approved PRCC career pathway program that integrates Adult Basic Education (ABE) with skill training (career or technical).
Application procedures and requirements for specific allied health, career, technical and nursing programs are separate from the standard admission procedure. The requirements and procedures for these programs are stated in the Pearl River Catalog. The official version of the Pearl River Catalog is available on the College website at www.prcc.edu.
The Board of Trustees desires to provide educational opportunities for all those interested in attending Pearl River Community College.