Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III)
On March 11, 2021, The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) was authorized and signed into law by the American Rescue Plan (ARP). As a result, the Department of Education has allocated additional COVID Relief funds to colleges and universities for the purpose of serving students and ensuring that learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, Pearl River Community College is working to distribute HEERF III Emergency Relief Grants to eligible students who have been impacted by the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Who is eligible?
• Students must be enrolled during the fall 2021 semester. Students taking non-credit courses are not eligible.
• Students must complete an online HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant Application through their Wildcat Web account by the established deadline.
• Have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus, including the eligible fees under a student’s cost of attendance such as tuition, food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, child care, mental or health expenses.
• Students must not be enrolled in a dual enrollment or middle college program.
Do HEERF III grants have to be paid back to the Federal Government?
No, these are grants, not loans, and do not have to be paid back to the Federal Government.
How do I apply for the HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant?
HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant Application Steps:
• Log into RiverGuide.
• Click on the "HEERF" icon at the top of the RiverGuide home page.
• There are three questions to answer. You must answer all questions.
• After you have answered all questions, click the “Survey Complete” button. Please carefully consider your options. Once the survey is submitted no changes are allowed as processing begins.
The deadline to apply for HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2021.
How will the amount of HEERF III Emergency Relief Grants be determined?
• HEERF III Emergency Relief Grants will be based upon need.
• The number of applications received and the amount of available funds will determine the amount of each grant award. Grants may be up to $813 and will vary based off established need.
How will HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant be distributed?
Students receiving HEERF III Emergency Relief Grants will be offered two possible choices in which to have their funds distributed to them.
1. Students can authorize Pearl River Community College to apply the HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant to their student account and any current institutional charges. Any excess funds remaining after applying to eligible charges will be distributed to the student. Students who authorize the college to apply this grant to their account will not be required to pay applicable charges before class start dates.
2. Students can choose to have HEERF III Emergency Relief Grant distributed directly to them with the understanding that all tuition, fees, and college charges above any completed and authorized financial aid are due when classes start.
If you have questions or concerns about HEERF III Relief Grant funding or the application process, please contact one of our PRCC Chat Agents by using the Chat Feature on the website or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.