WHO - Option 1 Dual Enrollment is for students taking the College level class at their local high school within Pearl River Community College’s six-county district.
WHERE / WHEN - The class is taught during the day as part of the student's regular school day and is taught by a high school instructor who has been approved by the College administration.
COST - Option 1 students pay a fee of $30 for the course. The cost of the textbook is also the student’s responsibility.
HOW - Option 1 Dual Enrollment is coordinated through the high school officials. Students should contact their local high school principal or counselor to make inquiries about possible Option 1 Dual Enrollment opportunities. The Dual Enrollment homepage specifies Who is Eligible to become a Dual Enrollment student.
In order to host Option 1 Dual Enrollment courses, the high school must complete the following:
- Dual Enrollment Request - You may fax (601-403-1009) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the request. Allow one week from the time the request is submitted for the class(es) to be approved.
- If the proposed instructor is a new instructor, then submit the items listed on the Dual Enrollment Request and submit the information for the proposed instructor. The approval process for an instructor can vary depending on the how quickly all components of the application packet are received. Obtaining a qualified instructor according to the College's standards is often the most difficult part of this process. Please begin making requests as early as possible.
- Sign the Option 1 Dual Agreement Articulation Agreement.
- Submit the student information by the specified date PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING of a semester.
- Communicate with the Office for General Education and Technology services if a student is dropped from or withdraws from the Dual Enrollment course(s).
The following must be submitted to PRCC for each student by the designated high school Dual Enrollment coordinator. Place the Recommendation Form at the beginning of the packet of student information followed by the complete information for each student
- Option 1 Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form - List an entire class on this one form and place this form at the beginning of the student information that submitted.
- Completed PRCC Application **
- Copy of official high school transcript **
- Student/Parent Agreement **
- $30 check payable to PRCC
** If the student is taking more than one Option 1 Dual Enrollment course, the PRCC Application, the official high school transcript, and the Student/Parent Agreement do not need to be duplicated. On the Recommendation Form, note that the student is enrolled in more than one class and his/her information is included in another class.
In order to obtain textbooks for an Option 1 Dual Enrollment course, the high school coordinator will need to contact Cindy Wells by email (email@example.com) or phone (601-403-1374) to determine the cost of the text(s). It is important to verify this each semester because textbook prices are subject to change at any given moment. After price is determined, the high school coordinator should arrange method of payment and of pickup with Ms. Wells. Twenty-four hours of notification is necessary in order to allow the Textbook Store the opportunity to prepare the books.
Please direct any inquires to the Office for General Education and Technology Services
Pearl River Community College
General Education and Technology Services
101 Hwy 11 N
PO Box 5419
Poplarville, Mississippi 39470