The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs are offered through a partnership between Pearl River Community College, local WIN Job Centers and Southern Mississippi Planning & Development (SMPDD). The goal of WIOA is to provide individuals with the professional tools and skills needed to successfully join the workforce and increase employment in Mississippi.
The WIOA program provides federal aid to eligible students enrolled in a qualifying Career-Technical or Workforce Program at PRCC. Qualifying students may receive up to $7,200 in an Individual Training Account (ITA) that may be used toward tuition, required books and required fees.
Associate Degree Programs
- Accounting Technology
- Business Management Technology
- Computer Network Technology
- Dental Hygiene Technology
- Utility Lineman Technology
Applying for WIOA
How to apply:
- Applications for WIA are completed at your nearest WIN Job Center once a semester during the application period.
- You must provide two forms of Identification (Social Security Card, State Issued Picture ID, Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, etc.)
- You must provide proof you been accepted or are currently enrolled in an eligible program in the form of an Acceptance letter from PRCC.
Application periods to apply for WIOA:
Summer Semester – April 23 – May 7
Fall Semester – June 20 – July 1
Spring Semester – November 21 – December 5
(Dates may vary year to year)
Note: Summer Classes must be required for the program in order to apply during the summer application period
- Short-term Programs can apply year round
- Students in a 2-year program must have successfully completed 12 semester hours of the program or prerequisites prior to applying.
For more information on WIOA funds contact PRCC’s Dislocated Worker/ITA Coordinator, Michelle Coleman:
Tuition Assistance is available for those who qualify. Contact your nearest WIN Job Center and ask about WIOA Funding.
Visit www.mdes.ms.gov to find a WIN Job Center near you.