About the CCMA Program
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) program is a 500-hour hybrid program made up of online coursework, twice-weekly in-person skills labs, and a clinical externship. Our hybrid format allows students to take advantage of the convenience of online courses while still being able to meet face-to-face with their instructor, interact with classmates, and participate in hands-on training labs.
The program is challenging both mentally and physically. It is important to have a good understanding of the demands of the profession. Please read the application packet carefully and assess your ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Because online education is so flexible, it requires a great deal of personal accountability and self-motivation. The best online programs mirror campus programs in many ways, with a few differences.
Requirements to Enroll:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Copy of Immunization Records
- 10 Panel Drug Screen
- Medical Examination/Physical
- TB Skin Test
Apply for Upcoming CCMA Classes
Eligibility Requirements for Tuition Assistance
Must be a parent
Must live in one of the 24 counties served by SMPDD
Between the ages of 16 -59
Earnings fall at or below 200% of the federal guidelines or receive SNAP/TANF benefits
Career STEP Coach
- Online coursework
- Twice weekly face-to-face lab days
- Three weeks of full-time on-site clinical externship
- Maroon scrubs are required for all class activities
- Travel to clinical sites
- Daily reading and online coursework
- Must have a full range of body motion and be able to lift and carry excess of 50lbs,
- Must be able to kneel, twist, and reach as well as stand for long periods
Students will prepare for:
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) examination
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) examination
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.