The academic scholarships at Pearl River Community College are designed to recognize and award outstanding high school graduates who attend PRCC.
*PRCC reserves the right to alter scholarship amounts, regulations, and requirements as needed at any time.
All scholarship amounts listed above and policies detailed below are as of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Scholarship eligibility is limited to a maximum of four consecutive semesters (fall/spring terms). Exceptions to service scholarships for additional semesters may be allowed for programs of study that require more than four full-time semesters for completion.
- Students forfeit scholarship eligibility if they cease to be enrolled at PRCC for any reason.
- Scholarships will only be paid during regular fall and spring semesters. Scholarships may be paid during a summer term if the program is a one-year certificate program that requires a summer term enrollment to complete the program.
- Students must enroll full-time (at least 15 credit hours) at PRCC within one year of graduating from high school to be eligible for academic and career/technical scholarships (exception for military service – contact the Office of Financial Aid for details).
- Students who transfer to PRCC from another college or university within one year of graduating high school may be eligible for academic scholarships (limited to one semester at another institution). New transfer students must self-identify with the Office of Financial Aid to be considered for scholarship eligibility.
- A student is permitted to receive only one Academic or Career/Technical Scholarship at PRCC. Multiple institutional academic scholarships cannot be stacked but can be combined with service and Development Foundation scholarships.
- For scholarship purposes, the ACT must be taken prior to enrollment in college.
Academic Policy Requirements to Maintain Eligibility
- Recipients of Presidential, Valedictorian/Salutatorian, Vice-Presidential and Full-Tuition Career/Technical scholarships are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Recipients of Honors, Scholastic Excellence, Half-Tuition Career/Technical, and all other institutional scholarships are required 2.5 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Division I and Division II MACJC student-athletes must maintain a 3.0 GPA to maintain eligibility for all academic scholarships.
- Institutional scholarship (academic and service) recipients will be allowed one probationary semester if the GPA is below the minimum requirements for any semester or if the student does not pass at least 15 credit hours.
- If the student is not in compliance with the scholarship policy for a second semester, the student will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship. There is no appeal process for scholarship suspension.
Additional Policy Requirements
- All institutional scholarships are applied to direct charges only (tuition, room and board, fees, and required educational supplies).
- Students do not receive cash refunds from institutional scholarships.
- Recipients with a credit balance on an institutional scholarship after assessment of institutional charges are able to utilize the credit amount at the bookstore for allowable educational supplies (textbooks, workbooks, etc.) for the student only.
- Presidential and Valedictorian/Salutatorian scholarship recipients who choose not to dorm will have awards prorated to cover $2,000 per semester only.
- All institutional scholarships will be subject to proration to stay within the student’s total cost of attendance budget
- Service scholarships (with the exception of athletic scholarships and resident assistant scholarships) will not exceed the cost of full tuition.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as federal funding can affect scholarship eligibility.
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.