Applying for FTA or SEAP

Students who would like more information on Tuition Assistance or SEAP should visit the specific website for complete details regarding each program.

If an eligible Service member chooses to use TA, they must first speak with the ESO (Education Service Office) within their military service prior to enrolling for classes.  Additionally, Service Members who are utilizing TA must take courses that are identified within their designated degree plan/pathway.

***Please note that TA programs require that you apply for funds in advance, sometimes beginning the process as much as 60 days in advance of the term start date.  Research the fund you are interested in, and read the instructions completely, so that you are prepared.  Once enrolled in courses at PRCC, you may contact your PRCC campus VA Representative for assistance in obtaining a copy of your student schedule, student statement, and a copy of your degree plan.  Once your TA or SEAP has been approved, it is your responsibility to provide the VA Represetative with a copy of your Authorization/Approval for invoicing.


Federal Tuition Assistance (instructions for National Guard)

Requests for this TA must be input no later than 14 days BEFORE the course start date.  For example, if the course starts 15 August, the TA request must be submitted no later than 1 August to be considered.

***FTA will pay for tuition only (up to $250 per semester hour), and is limited in semester hours per fiscal year (Oct 1 – Sept 30).  FTA does not pay for additional expenses, such as books, lab fees, etc.

Federal Tuition Assistance (US Army – Active Duty, and Army National Guard)

 USAR-Active Duty and ARNG must apply online via ArmyIgnitED.

Federal Tuition Assistance (instructions for NAVY)

Members of the NAVY must complete required training and apply online

Tuition Assistance (instructions for the Marine Corps) 

Marines and members of the Coast Guard must apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) through WebTA (login required).


Tuition Assistance (instructions for the Coast Guard)

Marines and members of the Coast Guard must apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) through WebTA (login required).

Tuition Assistance (instructions for the Air Force)

Students must select Login or Register for an Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) account

State Educational Assistance Program (SEAP – Mississippi)

Submit AGO Form 5 (SEAP Application) and all requested documentation, to: 

MS Military Department:  NGMS-PEF-E, P. O. Box 5027, Jackson, MS 39296-5027,

or fax to: (601) 313-6151,

or email to:

Each community college president is asked to bring two (2) wrapped door prizes, minimum value of $50 each. We will have a station set up at the conference for you to drop off the door prizes.

Each community college is asked to provide name tags for their Board members, administration, and staff attending the conference.