How To Apply
Dear Prospective Student:
We are pleased that you have shown an interest in the Radiology Technology program at Pearl River Community College. Please read the How to Apply section below for the information you will need to successfully apply to the program. Applicants that have completed all academic prerequisites are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The deadline to apply for Fall enrollment is February 1st each year.
- PRCC General Admission Form Online.
- PRCC Radiology Application Form Online. THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS FEB. 1
- You must eScript (preferred) or mail an official high school transcript and official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Admissions
101 Hwy 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
If the applicant completed a GED (Diploma Equivalence) program, then a GED Test Result Form with scores must be included. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make ensure their high school and previous college (if applicable) transcripts have been received by the PRCC Admissions Office. Applicant’s high school GPA is part of the selection process and vital to acceptance.
- American College Test (ACT) Scores-18 Minimum composite score documentation must be provided by the applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete the PRCC form to have a copy ACT score recorded in the college system.
- ALL College transcripts must be sent to PRCC admissions office by an e-script method. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that Admission Office has received the transcript in order for Radiology Department to add to your application.
- Handwritten autobiography (1-3 pages, Must be turned in with the application to the Radiology Program)
- Resume for your file.
- Reference forms are REQUIRED (3-5): Included forms must be sealed with signatures across the back of the envelope. Letters of recommendation may be turned in with an application packet or mailed in with a signature over the seal. Printable Reference Form
- Applicants must attend a Radiology Information Session. Radiology Information Sessions are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month beginning in October at 3:00 PM in Class Room 251 of the Allied Health Building on the Forrest County Campus. Additional meetings will be scheduled for each Tuesday of January. Please verify the date the college will resume regular hours in January. (No appointment is needed for attending an information session.)
2022-23 Dates of Information Sessions
Each Information Session will begin at 3:00 PM
October 4, 2022
November 1, 2022
January 10, 2023
January 17, 2023
January 24, 2023
January 31, 2023
Observation of clinical areas will be scheduled at various clinical sites after the application is complete and the applicant meets the requirements for the program. These observation hours will be scheduled after the applicant has been contacted for interviews. Correspondence with the applicant will be through PRCC student e-mail.
After faculty have viewed your file for completion and have verified that you have successfully fulfilled all of the program requirements, then an observation of clinical areas will be scheduled. These observation hours will be scheduled after the applicant has been contacted for interviews. Correspondence with the applicant will be through e-mail. Please verify that your email address is correct on the application. The completion of the above items will allow the prospective student to be considered for an interview with the selection committee. The Selection Committee’s objective is to select the applicants who they feel have the potential to succeed in the program. Class size will be limited size due to accreditation approval and the demand for Radiologic Technologists by our communities of interest.
Once an applicant is accepted into the PRCC Radiology Technology program, the following items will need to be completed prior to the beginning of class.
- Immunization- complete for college admission (Form 121)
- Covid Vaccination compliance verification or medical/religious exemption forms must be approved and issued by the PRCC Covid vaccination team. An email will be provided upon acceptance to the program.
- Clear Drug Screening
- FBI Background Clearance performed at PRCC
- Insurance card verification (Health Insurance)
- Tetanus shot up to date
- Hepatitis B series begun (First of series of 3 must be documented)
- T B test with documentation.
- MSRT Student Membership Required
- ASRT Student Membership Required
The selection of students will be done by a committee which is composed of representatives from PRCC and Clinical Education Centers. Selection for these positions is competitive and based upon grades, ACT scores, and personal presentation.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact: