How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Practical Nursing (PN) Program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC). The Practical Nursing Program offers two options; full-time day, and part-time night. Below is a list of PN Program option choices.
- Full-Time Day Option – 3 Semesters (Poplarville and Hattiesburg)
- Night/ Weekend Option – 5 Semesters (Poplarville, Hattiesburg and Waveland)
The deadline to apply to ANY option is February 1.
The PRCC practical nursing program is accredited by the Mississippi Community College Board.
How to Apply
Complete the PRCC Admissions Application. Within 3-5 days, you will receive RiverGuide Credentials.
- Once you receive your RiverGuide credentials, use them to complete your preference of the two Practical Nursing applications: Practical Nursing Full-Time Day Program Application, or Practical Nursing Night and Weekend Program Application
- Submit ACT Scores: Minimum composite ACT score of 16; 14 in reading and math.
- Take the TEAS Test through ATI Test Results: www.atitesting.com
- If you are currently working in the healthcare field, submit the “Verification of Employment Form” with the proper signatures including supervisor contact information. For a printable “Verification of Employment Form”, click here.
- If you are currently a Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA/CMA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), please include a copy of your state Nurse Aide certification. This is required to receive points in the nursing assistant category.
You have the option of saving your application information before submitting, exiting, and returning at a later date to complete the application. Once you have completed the information and submitted the application, the application will no longer be available to you. You will receive an email stating that your application has been submitted for the current program application period along with further information.
Submit all additional application materials in one packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practical Nursing Selection Process
For the Pearl River Community College Practical Nursing Selection Process, please click here.
Required elements of performance in the practical nursing program:
- Stand for prolonged periods, up to eighty percent of clinical time (6-8 hours)
- Walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, push, pull, lift, and reach overhead
- Possess sufficient gross and fine motor coordination to perform nursing procedures
- See, talk, and hear with sufficient acuity to perform client care
- Tolerate exposure to disinfectants, soap, cleansers, plastic and other materials used in protective equipment and for procedures
- Students are expected to travel as needed for clinical, convention, or lectures and learning opportunities off the campus and overnight
- Must complete each course with a minimum grade of 80% (B) or higher to progress in the program.