How To Apply
Dear Prospective Student:
We are pleased that you have shown an interest in the Massage Therapy Program at Pearl River Community College. The deadline to apply for the August 2022 class is April 28, 2022. Please follow the steps below to ensure that your application is complete.
The following items must be submitted on or before April 28, 2022:
- Complete the PRCC Admissions Application. Within 3-5 days, you will receive RiverGuide Credentials.
- Once you receive your RiverGuide credentials, use them to complete the Massage Therapy Application.
- You must eScript (preferred) or mail an Official High School/GED transcript and official transcripts from all previous colleges attended to the address below.
- Submit ACT Score (Phone 319-337-1313 or go online to www.act.org if scores are not included on high school transcripts.) Applicants must have a minimum ACT score of 16, an ACT score of 18 or higher is preferred.
Pearl River Community College
Office of Admissions
101 Highway 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
You have the option of saving your application information before submitting, exiting, and returning at a later date to complete the application. Once you have completed the information and submitted the application, the application will no longer be available to you. You will receive an email stating that your application has been submitted for the current program application period along with further information.
The Massage Therapy Program is a 12-month course of study, beginning in the fall and ending in the summer. There are two-degree options: Technical Degree or with additional academic coursework, Associates Degree of Applied Science. The Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam, (MBLEx), will be taken after passing and completion of the program. Upon passing the national examination, an application must be submitted to the Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy. After all requirements are met, the MSBMT will review the application. More information can be found on www.msbmt.ms.gov
In addition to completing the steps above, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Be graduates of accredited high school or the equivalent and be 18 years of age before the start of the program.
- Have a minimum ACT score of 16, preferred ACT score is 18 or higher
- Additionally, selection for admission into the Massage Therapy Program is based on the successful completion of a drug test, criminal background check, and slot availability.
Applicants with the highest points for ACT and GPA will be invited for personal interviews. Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Knowledge of the massage therapy field and duties of a massage therapist
- Interest in becoming a massage therapist
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
All statements related to admission criteria or announcements of present policies are subject to revisions.
Any advice given by the Massage Therapy Department regarding coursework does not ensure acceptance into the program.
Please note, if you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email concerning the dates and times of interviews.
*Application submission and/or meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Post Acceptance Requirements
Upon acceptance into the Massage Therapy program, the applicant must:
- Complete CPR training for healthcare providers with an AED component
- Complete a felony background check
- Complete a drug screening