The Massage Therapy program is offered as a one-year certificate program or a two-year Associates of Applied Science program designed to prepare students for careers as professional massage therapists. The curriculum prepares students to develop knowledge and skills for practicing massage therapy. Core courses emphasize massage therapy principles, ethics, business application, pathology, anatomy and physiology, technique modalities, and kinesiology.
Brief Description of Program:
- Attendance is crucial due to the nature of practical learning
- Practice massage sessions are required outside of class
- You will be expected to conduct these sessions professionally, using appropriate consent forms, intake forms, and feedback forms as required.
- Students will need to understand that massage therapy requires standing next to a massage table during the majority of the session.
- Students will need to understand that this job requires the lifting and moving of equipment, such as the massage table and massage chairs.
- Students will be responsible for client intake forms, SOAP notes, and the organization of client files accordingly.
- Students will be responsible for the setting up and breaking down of massage tables, massage chairs, and other equipment accordingly.
This program is set up to prepare the student to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination in order to be a Licensed Massage Therapist within the state of Mississippi. Passing a Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy (MSBMT) approved exam is a requirement for a Massage Therapy license. This program will also prepare students who wish to practice outside of the state of Mississippi.
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.