How To Apply
Dear Prospective Student:
We are pleased that you have shown an interest in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Pearl River Community College. Please follow the steps below to ensure that your application is complete.
The following items must be completed to be considered:
- Complete the PRCC Admissions Application. Within 3-5 days, you will receive RiverGuide Credentials.
- Once you receive your RiverGuide credentials, use them to complete the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Application
- You must eScript (preferred) or mail an Official High School/GED transcript and official transcripts from all previously colleges attended to:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Admissions
101 Hwy 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
- Submit ACT Scores: Applicants must have a minimum ACT score of 18. Students may contact the Counseling Center at 601-403-1250 to schedule ACT testing or COMPASS placement testing. If ACT has been taken previously, but scores not sent to PRCC, scores can be obtained at www.act.org
- Attend a ROAR Orientation Session. Click here on information on how to register for a ROAR session.
To apply to the PRCC Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, a student must have graduated from a two-year allied health program involving acute patient care or a hold a bachelor’s degree of any type.
- Verification of RTR credential by the first Diagnostic Medical Sonography class
- Prerequisites for the first Diagnostic Medical Sonography course: College Algebra (MAT 1313), Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II with labs (BIO 2511, BIO 2513, BIO 2521, BIO 2523), English Composition I and II (ENG 1113, ENG 1123), Public Speaking I (SPT 1113) or Interpersonal Communication (SPT 2173), Humanities/Fine Arts Elective, and a Social/Behavioral Science Elective
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a “C” or above by the first Diagnostic Medical Sonography class