Brief Description of Program:
The DMS program is clinically affiliated with the following facilities:
- Forrest General Hospital, Hattiesburg, MS
- Highland Community Hospital, Picayune, MS
- Marion General Hospital, Columbia, MS
- Merit Health Wesley, Hattiesburg, MS
- Ochsner – Hancock, Bay St. Louis, MS
- Singing River Hospital, Gulfport, MS
- The Women’s Pavilion of South MS, Hattiesburg, MS
- Southwest MS Regional Medical Center, McComb, MS
- Southern Surgery and Urology, Hattiesburg, MS
- South Central Regional Medical Center, Laurel MS
1. Perform, at minimum, entry-level diagnostic medical sonography with skills according to the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography’s (SDMS) scope of practice for the diagnostic medical sonographer, the American Registry for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography’s (ARDMS) content specifications for their various examinations, the minimum Standards and Guidelines for the Commission on Accreditation of Educational Programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and the mandatory competencies outlined by the JRC-DMS.
2. Meet professional specifications established for national registration by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography in the specialty areas of study.
3. Build upon sound principles of general education by learning how to communicate well, think analytically, be intellectually adaptive, integrate knowledge and experience from different disciplines, apply ethical standards and values to the practice of diagnostic medical sonography and appreciate social and cultural diversity.
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.