Dual Enrollment/Middle College Fee Structure for 2022-2023
Dual enrollment and Middle College students are not eligible for state or federal financial aid programs per state and federal guidelines. Pearl River Community College provides a variety of opportunities for high school students to obtain dual credit/dual enrollment hours.
Academic Dual Enrollment Courses up to 15 credit hours:
$40 per credit hour; No additional charge for etext/textbooks/materials
Academic Dual Enrollment Courses above 15 credit hours:
Full Tuition and Fees
Career-Technical Dual Enrollment Courses up to 15 credit hours:
$40 per credit hour plus etext/textbook/course materials fees
Career Technical Dual Enrollment Courses above 15 credit hours:
Full Tuition and Fees
The Middle College Program is a school or district-level dual credit/dual enrollment program in which high school juniors or seniors attend a portion of the day at the high school and a portion at PRCC. A middle college student is defined as a student who is enrolled in at least 15 academic hours a semester with the intention of graduating from high school with an Associate’s degree from Pearl River Community College. The student’s high school must sign a Memorandum of Agreement for the Middle College Program for participation in the program.
First Semester Fee: $40 per credit hour; No additional charges for etext/textbooks/materials
Subsequent Semesters (2nd – 4th): $2,000 per semester; This charge includes fees for tuition and textbooks.
Institutional ACT Scholarships will be applied to the $2,000 fee as follows:
*Incoming ACT Composite
Fee for Middle College
*For scholarship purposes, the ACT must be taken prior to enrollment in college.
Pearl River Community College will recognize the following institutional scholarships for Middle College students, where applicable, after the students have completed 15 credit hours. Multiple institutional academic scholarships cannot be stacked.
Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver
Pearl River Community College employees and their spouses/dependents are eligible for a waiver of tuition. The tuition waiver form must be completed for each semester of enrollment.
Distinguished Young Women Scholarship
Pearl River Community College supports the Junior Miss Pageants that are presented in the PRCC six county service district. A scholarship equal to the value of regular tuition is awarded to each pageant winner. The scholarship is available for a maximum of four semesters and recipients are required to maintain the standards established for academic scholarship recipients.
Academic Policy Requirements to Maintain Eligibility
- Recipients of Presidential, Valedictorian/Salutatorian, Vice-Presidential and Full-Tuition Career/Technical scholarships are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Recipients of Honors, Scholastic Excellence, Half-Tuition Career/Technical, and all other institutional scholarships are required2.5 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Institutional scholarship recipients will be allowed one probationary semester if the GPA is below the minimum requirements for any semester or if the student does not pass at least 15 credit hours.
- If the student is not in compliance with the scholarship policy for a second semester, the student will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship. There is no appeal process for scholarship suspension.
- Institutional scholarships are awarded during the fall and spring semesters only for middle college students who have completed at least 15 credit hours.
- Middle college students wishing to enroll during summer terms will be charged full tuition and fees.
The stated charges are subject to change as state requirements and financial needs change.