The Utility Lineman pathway prepares individuals for jobs in the field of utility power transmission and distribution construction, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical power lines.
How to apply to the Utility Lineman Program
1. Complete PRCC Application
Within 3-5 days after you apply, you will receive RiverGuide Credentials.
2. Complete Program Application
Using your RiverGuide Credentials complete the Utility Lineman Application. The application for the Utility Lineman program can be found by clicking on Wildcat Web then Applications & Surveys.
*Completion of the application does not guarantee admission into the program. The Utility Lineman program has a limited student capacity and requires additional documentation.
All required documentation can be sent electronically or by mail to the following:
Attn: Utility Lineman Instructor
101 HWY 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
3. Required Documentation
- Obtain an MDOT physical (may be called CDL/DOT physical) from a qualified physician. You will need to take a copy of the physical to MDOT when testing for your CDL permit to obtain the MDOT card.
- Obtain an 11-tier or higher drug test. Sealed results must be mailed/emailed directly from the testing facility.
- Submit a color copy of your current driver’s license. All applicants must have a clean driving record for the past three years.
- Obtain the MVR information sheet from the DMV and provide a completed copy to the instructor.
- Obtain a Mississippi Class A Commercial Driver’s Permit (or License). Out-of-state residents must be 18 years old and obtain a valid state Class A Commercial Driver’s Permit (or License) -due at the orientation meeting.
Get more information about this program
Let us know and we will contact you to help you get the answers.