Accounting Technology is a 2-year program of study that is designed to prepare graduates for entry-level accounting positions in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and inventory as well as enhance the skills of those currently employed in accounting who wish to advance.
Location of Program:
Program Instructor Contact Information:
Debbie Ferrill – FCC
Your natural abilities
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Mathematically Competent
- Good Communicator
- Employment Project that includes creating a cover-letter, resume, and reference page
- Cost of Production Report
- Income Tax Project: Complete a Form 1040 based on a scenario from a W-2
- Reconciling Bank Statements
- Career Certificate
- Technical Certificate
- Associates of Applied Science
Possible careers in this program:
Careers include, but are not limited to, Tax Preparers, Bookkeepers, Accounting Assistants, Auditing Clerks, Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks, Accounts Payable and/or Receivable Clerks, and Junior Accountants.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics gives you comprehensive tools to explore salaries and incomes for any industry across the state.