Welcome to our most exciting event for new Wildcats! ROAR is designed to help you get acquainted with PRCC's campus, learn about our Wildcat Ways, get connected with PRCC technologies and find out what to expect on your first day of class. Our advisors will also help you get registered for the upcoming semester.
Do you plan to start school in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020, please register for ROAR after March 1, 2020.
How to register for ROAR:
1. Log in to
If you have trouble logging in, please follow the trouble-shooting guide.
Your RiverGuide credentials will be emailed to you 3-5 days after you submit your college application.
If you have not received your login credentials, please contact the Help Desk at 601-403-1800.
2. Next, find the menu in the upper left hand corner and select ROAR Checklist (the last item in the list).
3. Then you will select :
4. From that page, you will select “Student”, then “ROAR Application”.
5. Follow the prompts on that page to register for ROAR. You will see a confirmation on screen and receive a confirmation email within 24 hours after completing the form.
We will hold ROAR sessions just for you! See dates below:
Sessions for Students starting classes in the Fall - August 2020 start
*** If you are starting classes in the Summer 2020, you will need to attend one of the sessions below to make your Fall schedule
- June 2 - 9:00am - Open to Fine Arts/Scholar Students (Must be a member of band, choir, or dance team or have a 21 or higher on ACT)
- June 4 - 9:00am - Open to All Student Athletes and Cheerleaders (Must be on a verified team roster)
- June 4 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
- June 9 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
- June 11 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
- July 16 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
- July 23 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
Forrest County Center
- June 25 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
- July 9 - 9:00am - Open to All Students
Hancock County Center
- July 29 - 9:00am
*All new students are required to attend ROAR new student orientation.
*Students must complete the admissions process before attending orientation.
*RiverGuide account information will be emailed 3-5 days after applying to PRCC
Registration for ROAR is on a first come, first served basis. Once we have reached our maximum attendance limit, the session will be closed for registration.
Having trouble logging in to RiverGuide? Try these tips first:
1. Use either Firefox or Chrome Internet browser. Internet Explorer will produce more errors than one of the other browsers listed.
2. Click “Sign In” only ONCE. Multiple clicks will result in an authentication error.
3. Make sure you are entering the correct username and password.
4. Clear the cache/cookies in your web browser. Use the help feature in your browser to find instructions on how to clear your cache/cookies).
5. If you are still having trouble logging in, do not change your password. Contact the IT Helpdesk first – they can help you reset your password in a more effective way.
Thank you for your interest in attending ROAR! Please read this FAQ page before registering.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ROAR?
- Who should attend ROAR?
- How long will ROAR last?
- What will I do at ROAR?
- What is a ROAR Express session?
- Will I be able to get the schedule I need?
- What do I need to have on hand for my ROAR sessioin?
- Can I bring my parents or a guest to ROAR?
- Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
- Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
- Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
- I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
- I plan to be a Fully Online student, do I still need to attend ROAR?
Q: What is ROAR?
A: ROAR is PRCC’s new student orientation. Here you will begin your journey as a new freshman where you will learn about campus resources, academic expectations, how to get involved on campus, and create your class schedule.
Q: Who should attend?
A: All new freshmen students planning to attend PRCC in the upcoming summer or fall semester need to attend. Transfer students are also welcome to attend a ROAR session. You must complete your admissions file before attending your ROAR session. You should have received an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions after completing the application process. Please call (601) 403-1214(Poplarville Campus) or (601) 554-5519 (Forrest County Center) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your completion of the admissions process if you have not received an acceptance letter or e-mail. We also encourage you to begin the financial aid process by applying for FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Q: How long will ROAR last?
A: ROAR sessions will be conducted virtually. You will be emailed days before your scheduled date. All ROAR sessions will begin at 9:00am, with check-in starting at 8:30am. We have so much to share with you, so make plans to be here roughly two hours.
Learn about campus resources
- Explore what RiverGuide, our student portal, has to offer
- Tour campus (optional)
- Understand college expectations
- Get involved with campus life
- Register for classes
- Take care of business (financial aid, student ID, etc.)
- Parent session available (summer ROAR sessions only)
A: ROAR Express sessions are shortened orientation sessions what we will provide during PRCC's Open Registration days in August. Just like all of our ROAR sessions, you will learn what you need to know to begin the semester at PRCC and will meet with an advisor to create your schedule.
- Your PRCC username and password that was e-mailed to you after you were accepted. It is very important you have this information with you at your ROAR session.
- Any ACT scores or transcripts that have not already been sent to the PRCC Admissions Office (including transcripts for any Dual Enrollment courses you have completed at another college). You will be unable to register for classes without first being accepted to PRCC through the Admissions Office. (Please note: The ROAR process will run much more smoothly for you if you send your transcripts to PRCC at least one week before your ROAR session)
A: Parents and guests are welcome to sit in on your virtual ROAR session. We plan to offer Parent Sessions and will send that information in our early communications.
Q: Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
A: Please note, if you plan to stay in Student Housing, be aware that dorms typically stay full throughout the academic year. However, you are welcome to submit a housing application online through your RiverGuide account. You may email the Student Housing Office at email@example.com if you have questions.
Q: Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
A: Parking decals are available for purchase after June 1 and can be accessed online here or you can pay in person at the Business Office on campus. After purchasing your parking decal, it will be available for pickup at the Campus Police department when you're able to come to campus.
Q: Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
A: Summer tuition and fees will be available the second week of May, and you can log into RiverGuide and pay using the Pay My Bill icon. This is a secured PayPal system. Fall tuition and fees will be available the second week in July. We have payment plans available for the Summer semester available May 1st, and a new plan will be available in July for the Fall semester. These payment plans will help you make payments throughout the semester. Email any questions regarding your bill to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to mail in a check, here's the address:
Pearl River Community College
101 Hwy 11 North Box 5060
Poplarville, MS 39470
Q: I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
A: If you need to make changes to the date of your ROAR session, log into RiverGuide and go to the same place where you originally registered for ROAR. You can select to change your date there. If the major you want to pursue at PRCC, or any other information you provided us on your original registration form needs to change, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 601-403-1250.
A: Yes, You will register for a ROAR session in RiverGuide under the ROAR Checklist tab.
If you have more questions:
Office of Student Success
Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publication please contact Tonia Moody Seal, Director of Admissions and Records, and ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator, at P.O. Box 5537, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1060. For inquiries regarding Title IX, contact Maghan James, Assistant Vice President of Student Services and Title IX Coordinator, P.O. Box 5560, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1253.