Service Scholarships at Pearl River Community College provide financial assistance for students who participate in a variety of campus activities and organizations.
- BAND — Marching band (including color guard), concert band, and jazz band scholarships, are available. Con-tact band directors for audition information and amounts.
- STRING OF PEARLS — Dance team scholarships are available. Contact the String of Pearls director for audition information and amounts.
- THEATER — Theater scholarships are available. Contact the theater instructor for audition information and amounts.
- CHEERLEADER — Scholarship is $1000 per semester..
- MASCOT — Scholarship is $1000 per semester.
- RIVERROAD (SHOWCHOIR) — Scholarship is the value of one-half of regular tuition per semester.
- CONCERT CHOIR — Scholarship is the value of one-half of regular tuition.
- VOICES — Scholarship is the value of one-half of regular tuition per semester.
- ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP — Contact the Head Coach of each respective area of athletics at PRCC regarding scholarship availability.
- JOURNALISM — Contact the PRCC public relations director regarding availability and amounts.
- VISUAL ART — Contact PRCC Fine Arts Department.
- RECRUITMENT TEAM/RIVER NAVIGATORS — Contact the Office of Recruitment and Orientation. Scholar-ships are based on the availability of funds.
- STUDENT GOVERNMENT — Awarded to the elected Student Government Officers. The scholarship for the President is $1350 per semester. Scholarships for the Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer are $500 per semes-ter. (Freshman and Sophomore class officers are not included in this scholarship award.)
- HOUSING (RESIDENT ASSISTANT) — Scholarship is the value of $1000 per semester.
- THE MAGIC RIVER EDITOR — Value of half regular tuition for 2 semesters. Contact Ms. Julia Ferguson.
SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP POLICIES
Recipients are required to enroll and maintain full-time status during the semester.
Recipients are required to maintain the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy outlined by the college and/or other state/federal SAP policies.
Scholarships can be received for a maximum of four semesters.
Scholarships apply to direct institutional fees ONLY (tuition, room and board, and required educational supplies). Students do not receive cash refunds from service scholarships.
Scholarship recipients with a credit balance after assessment of institutional fees are able to utilize that credit at the Bookstore for necessary educational supplies (workbooks, etc.) to be used by the scholarship recipient only.
How To Apply For Service Scholarships
Contact the appropriate office at Pearl River Community College to apply for specific scholarships.