Pearl River Community College may place restrictions on student course loads.
- The full-time course load for a student seeking an Associate in Arts or Associate in Applied Science degree is 15 semester hours.
- A student who is seeking a degree may register for 19 or more semester hours only with the approval of an instructional Vice President or person designated by the Vice President.
- A student in a certificate or technical degree program requiring the student to enroll in 19 or more semester hours may do so with the approval of the director of the program.
- A full-time student must maintain a minimum course load of 12 semester hours, of which at least 9 must be other than activity courses. That is, a student must be enrolled in at least 9 semester hours that are either developmental courses or courses that may be applied toward an associate degree. (No more than 4 semester hours of activity courses may be applied toward an associate degree.)
- A student may enroll in online courses, traditional courses, or any combination of online courses and traditional courses in order to be classified as a full-time student. A minimum of fifteen (15) hours of traditional on campus courses must be maintained in order to reside in campus housing.
- Effective January 1, 2015, all PRCC students who reside in college housing or receive any form of Institutional or Development Foundation scholarship must be enrolled in 15 credit hours per semester. A waiver may be granted by an instructional Vice President if the student has applied for graduation and can demonstrate that 15 hours are not necessary for graduation.
Athletic eligibility for students enrolled in distance education courses shall be defined as follows: All athletes must be enrolled full time and in attendance within fifteen (15) calendar days from the beginning date of a particular term to be eligible to participate. To be considered full time, an athlete must be enrolled in 15 semester hours. Athletes taking distance education courses are considered full time if registered for at least nine (9) semester hours on site at the certifying institution and six (6) or more hours with the certifying institution acting as the host institution for courses taught by other MACJC member colleges.