Scheduling a Proctored Exam
Online students are responsible for clicking the Proctoring button in their online course to schedule a proctored exam. This should be done as early in the semester as possible to ensure a date/time that works best for the student's schedule.
All online courses require between 1-3 proctored exams, and exam dates are posted in each course. For instructions about how to use SmarterProctoring, please view the resources below.
Contact Information for PRCC Proctor Centers:
- Poplarville Proctor Center | email@example.com | 601.403.1337
- Forrest County Center Proctor Center | firstname.lastname@example.org | 601.554.5475
- Hancock Center (limited dates and times each semester) | 228.252.7001
PRCC Proctor Centers Hours:
Poplarville and Forrest County Campus Fall & Spring Semester Testing Hours:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hancock Campus Fall & Spring Semester Testing Hours:
Monday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.-2p.m.
Summer Semester Proctoring:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5:00 pm.
Other Proctoring Options:
Virtual Testing -- To maintain the integrity of online classes, virtual proctoring will not be available to all online students. PRCC virtual proctors will facilitate any approved virtual proctoring sessions. In order to seek approval to use the virtual proctoring service, your request must fall into one of the three categories:
- Documented medical excuse (doctor’s excuse showing the inability to come to campus during the given exam time frame)
- Military Deployment (deployment paperwork showing the inability to take your exam at an approved proctoring facility during the given exam time frame)
- Out-of-State Student (Proof of residency by submitting a utility bill, driver’s license, voter registration, etc. showing your name and out-of-state address)
The process to request virtual proctoring is located in your online course(s) in Canvas. You must submit your request at least five (5) days prior to the start date of your exam. This timeline is strictly enforced. Any requests after the start date of the exam will be automatically denied. Your request will be reviewed and validated by the Office of eLearning. After the Office of eLearning has received your request, you will receive an email confirming whether your request has been approved or denied.
Off-Campus Proctor Request -- If you live outside of Mississippi, you can test at your local college or university. The cost of this proctoring is determined by that institution, and the student is responsible for whatever those charges might be. Fill out the following form (proctor fills out the top portion/student fills out the bottom portion). The completed form can be emailed to email@example.com, along with a copy of the proctor's school-issued picture ID card. Allow 24-48 hours for approval. Once the request is approved/denied, eLearning will e-mail both the student and the proctor. Off-Campus Proctor Request