In order to utilize VA Education Benefits, students must follow a two-part process. Part 1 requires that you establish your benefits with the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs. By submitting an application to the VA requesting to use Education Benefits, they will know which school you’ve selected, what your educational objectives are, etc.. Part 2 requires that you let PRCC know that you will be utilizing VA Education Benefits while enrolled. PRCC depends on students who use VA Education Benefits to self-identify and complete the necessary forms that will help the VA Certifying Official in processing the request.
- Know which VA Education Benefit you plan to use
- Gather supporting documentation so that the application process goes smoothly
- Keep all correspondence that you receive from the VA
- Establishing a PRCC VA File
- Receiving Advisement and Establishing a Degree Plan
- Requesting VA Enrollment Certification
- Notification of Changes in Enrollment