Deadlines: MARCH 1st - FALL semester consideration OCTOBER 1st - SPRING semester consideration
PRCC Admissions: Are you currently enrolled as a PRCC student, if not?
- Complete the application for admission.
- If you never attended college, request an official transcript from your high school indicating Graduation date, GPA, Official signature and School seal.
GED completers must indicate GED on the Application. If the GED was taken outside the state of MS, official scores should be sent directly from the out-of-state GED office.
- If you attended college, request an official transcript from every college you have ever attended. PRCC requires an official transcript from every college you have ever attended—no matter if you did not earn credit and no matter if it was a long time ago. Most college transcripts can be ordered directly from www.iwantmytranscript.com.
- ACT scores are required. Students may contact the Counseling center at 601-403-1250 to schedule ACT testing or COMPASS placement testing. If ACT has been taken previously, but scores not sent to PRCC, scores can be obtained at www.act.org.
After you've gain acceptance, there are a few more things to do for enrollment.
- Complete a R.O.A.R Orientation Session
- Sign up for a R.O.A.R. session at our Poplarville campus or at the Forrest County Center.
- Apply for Financial Aid
Congratulations! With all that done, you can consider yourself officially enrolled at Pearl River. Now there are a few other things to take care of before classes start.
- Go to the Business Office in the Administration Building
- Confirm financial aid and/or enrollment in the Nelnet Payment Plan
- Pick up your PRCC Student ID
- Complete the Vehicle Registration Form and Pay $20 for Parking Decal
- Pick Up Parking Decal from Campus Police
- Must have Completed Vehicle Registration Form from the Business Office
- Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Auto Insurance, and Tag Number
- Purchase Textbooks in Crosby Hall
- You can also purchase your books online at http://bookstore.prcc.edu
- Must have PRCC Student ID and Class Schedule
- Must have a copy of your Student Profile if taking classes online (View and print your Student Profile by visiting the eLearning site)
- Need a Dorm Room?
Associate Degree Nursing Admission: Nursing as a Career! Once you are a PRCC student, here is what you need to do to apply to the Department of Nursing Education.
- Submit a completed ADN application with a picture attached.
- Submit a copy of your National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Exam-RN test scores. (https://www.nlnonlinetesting.org/cgi/registration_store.pl?shortcut=PAX)
- Submit a copy of all high school and/or all college transcripts attended (including PRCC) with college degrees noted.
- Submit a copy of ACT scores.
- Submit a completed Criminal Background Check questionnaire (http://www.prcc.edu/files/career-tech/CBC%20Questionnaire.pdf)
- If applicable, submit verification of a current, non-restricted LPN license & a completed LPN Employer Verification Form. (http://www.prcc.edu/files/career-tech/LPN%20Employer%20Verification%20Form.pdf)
Reminder: Applications submitted without all required documentation are not considered for selection.
Note: A letter must be mailed from the dean or director of any previous ADN or BSN program attended stating student’s academic standing with program. Letter must be addressed to PRCC Director, Department of Nursing Education. If student not eligible for immediate return, student must wait 5 years from exit date to apply to PRCC Department of Nursing Education.