Pearl River Community College may place restrictions on student course loads.
- The normal course load for a student seeking an Associate in Arts or Associate in Applied Science degree is 16 semester hours.
- A student seeking a degree who is enrolled in one or more developmental courses may register for no more than 14 semester hours without the approval of the appropriate administrator.
- A student who is seeking a degree and is not taking a developmental course may register for 19 or more semester hours only with the approval of the Vice President for Instruction or person designated by the Vice President.
- A student in a certificate or technical degree program requiring the student to enroll in 19 or more semester hours may do so with the approval of the director of the program.
- A full-time student must maintain a minimum course load of 12 semester hours, of which at least 9 must be other than activity courses. That is, a student must be enrolled in at least 9 semester hours that are either developmental courses or courses that may be applied toward an associate degree. (No more than 4 semester hours of activity courses may be applied toward an associate degree.)
- A student may enroll in distance education courses, traditional courses, or any combination of distance education courses and traditional courses in order to be classified as a full-time student. A minimum of twelve (12) hours of traditional on campus courses must be maintained in order to reside in campus housing. Tuition for distance education courses will be the same as for off campus night or weekend courses.
Athletic eligibility for students enrolled in distance education courses shall be defined as follows: All athletes must be enrolled full time and in attendance within fifteen (15) calendar days from the beginning date of a particular term to be eligible to participate. To be considered full time, a student must be enrolled in 12 semester hours. Students taking distance education courses are considered full time if registered for at least six (6) semester hours on site at the certifying institution and six (6) or more hours with the certifying institution acting as the host institution for courses taught by other MACJC member colleges.