POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Tuesday, November 8, 1977
Tuesday, December 7, 1993
Students and faculty/staff must register all vehicles used on campus with the Campus Police Department.
- Any student or faculty/staff member who operates any type of motor vehicle on campus will register the vehicle.
- A fee of ten dollars ($10) will be charged to students for a parking decal at registration.
- The parking decal will:
- Be placed permanently to the inside front window on the right side.
- Permit parking of vehicles in the designated places on campus that are not reserved for faculty, visitors restricted (yellow curb), or handicapped.
- Not be transferable
- Be purchased at the Campus Police Department during the school year. The parking decal is valid from fall semester through summer semester of each school session.
- Students who do not obtain a parking decal during registration may do so later in the Campus Police Department. This must be done no later than five (5) days after a student registers for school.
- Fines for illegal parking will be thirty dollars ($30) per ticket. On the fourth ticket, vehicle will be suspended from campus.
- Fines for speeding, reckless driving and other traffic violations may range from twenty dollars ($20) to two hundred dollars ($200).
- Fines are to be paid to the Business Office within seven (7) days of the date of the ticket.
- Transcripts will not be forwarded from the College until all indebtedness to the College is alleviated.
- Unauthorized vehicles, as well as vehicles that are not operable will be removed from campus at owner’s expense.
- The operation of three-wheelers or four-wheelers by students or any unauthorized person will not be allowed at any time on the College campus.
- Loud music and/or excessive noise from any type of vehicle on the PRCC campus will result in a fine of thirty dollars plus ($30+) and possible suspension of vehicle from campus.
- All local, state, and federal traffic laws are in effect and will be enforced on the campus at all times.
- Faculty/staff reserve parking spaces are reserved for personal parking by the faculty/staff members.
- Failure to register any vehicle will result in a fine of twenty-five dollars ($25) and possible suspension from campus.
All problems related to the above should be referred to the Director of Public Safety/Chief of Campus Police.