Fall Fest is Wednesday, October 31st, 11:00 – 1:00 in front of Allied Health.
To participate in the events below, please contact the applicable person:
- Pumpkin carving/decorating – Bethnie Hitt, Dental Hygiene. Each group acquires and decorates/carves its own pumpkin and presents it for judging @ fall fest.
- T-Shirt design - Cindy Boutwell - LPNursing. Each group will design their own t-shirt and wear/present for judging at fall fest; no specific theme.
- Door Decorating - Aaryn Purvis – Student Success Center. Each group/office/department will decorate their own door, to be judged during the week of fall fest; no specific theme.
- Costume contest - SGA (no need to contact prior to fall fest). Participants are to wear their costume to fall fest, for judging.
The groups above are securing prizes, as well as impartial judges, for their events.
Additionally, tables have been reserved for the following:
- Respiratory Therapy – 1 table; information about the benefits of being smoke-free;
- LPN - 1 table; blood pressure screening, breast cancer awareness, donations for American Cancer Society, and bake sale
- History and Humanities – fundraiser (big, spectacular surprise! Not your typical fundraiser! You DON’T want to miss this one!!!)
- Dental Hygiene - 2 tables; dental health info, raffle tickets for Oral B Sonic toothbrush, raffle for Christmas Wreath, sale of cold drinks, ice cream, snow cones
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – – to raise money for domestic violence awareness, men (students and faculty/staff) will walk a short lap in heels; see Ms. Otalvaro for details!
- Salvation Army Food Drive – all collected items will be given to Salvation Army @ fall fest
- Skits/Performance - ya never know about this category! Gotta be there to see who will be up to what!!!
If I missed anyone, or if your group wants to be added to the list, please let me know as soon as possible. Fall Fest gets better every year, and this one is sure to be the best so far!!