The following examinations determine developmental course placement: American College Test (ACT); Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
|TEST SCORES||AFTER 10/1989||BEFORE 10/1989||PLACEMENT|
|ACT (ENGLISH)||Below 17||Below 14||ENG 1113 English Composition I & ENG 0131 Lab|
|17 or above||14 or above||ENG 1113 English Composition I, no Lab|
|17 or above***||14 or above***||SPT 1113 Public Speaking|
|ACT (MATH)||Academic AA Degree or Technical AAS Degree:|
|15 or below||8-10||MAT 0123 Beginning Algebra|
|16-18 and*||11-13 and*||MAT 1233 Intermediate Algebra|
|19 or above and **||14 or above and **||MAT 1313 College Algebra|
|21-24 or C in MAT 1313||MAT 1343 Pre-Calculus|
|25 or above or C in MAT 1343||MAT 1613 Calculus I|
|TABE (MATH)||Technical AAS Degree: if MAT 1313 is required||MAT 0123 Beginning Algebra|
|Career: Below 9.0||Cannot enroll in Cosmetology or Barbering|
|ACT (READING)||Academic or Technical: Below 16||Urged to sit for COMPASS READING EXAM to improve scores for entrance into courses that require extensive reading OR URGED TO SEEK TUTORIAL SERVICES IN STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER OR STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES.|
|TABE (Reading)||Career: Below 10.0||Cannot enroll in Cosmetology or Barbering|
|ACT(SCIENCE)||21 or above and 3 high school sciences including biology and chemistry with grades C or higher||May enroll in BIO 2513 & 2511, A & P I and lab|
Prospective students must have earned passing scores on the GED or possess a standard high school diploma to enroll at PRCC. Short term non-credit workforce courses are offered for those who possess neither a standard high school diploma nor a GED. For more information phone: 601-403-1241.
* grade of “C” or higher in one year of high school algebra
**grade of “C” or higher in two years of high school algebra
***Prerequisite: A score of 17 English subtest of the Enhanced ACT or ENG 0113 and ENG Lab 0131 with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Students whose ACT or ACCUPLACER scores require enrollment in developmental courses are placed in a prescribed curriculum.
- Students must meet both the ACT Math subtest requirement and the high school algebra requirement before enrolling in Intermediate or College Algebra.
- If a student has taken the ACT more than once, the highest subtest scores may be used in class placement.
- A course load of 15 semester hours or more is essential for graduating in four semesters; less than 15 hours increases the number of semesters of enrollment and reduces the allowed semesters for receiving financial aid.