The following examinations determine developmental course placement: American College Test (ACT); Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
|TEST SCORES||AFTER 10/1989||BEFORE 10/1989||PLACEMENT|
|ACT (ENGLISH)||Below 17||Below 14||ENG 0125 Intermediate English & Reading|
|17 or above||14 or above||ENG 1113 English Composition I|
|17 or above***||14 or above***||SPT 1113 Public Speaking|
|ACT (MATH)||Career: 13 or below||1-7||VOM 1103 Related Studies Mathematics|
|Academic AA Degree or Technical AAS Degree: 15 or below||8-10||MAT 0123 Beginning Algebra|
|16-18||11-13 and*||MAT 1233 Intermediate Algebra|
|19 or above and **||14 or above and **||MAT 1313 College Algebra|
|21-24 or C in MAT 1313||MAT 1343 Pre-Calculus I|
|25 or above or C in MAT 1343||MAT 1613 Calculus I|
|TABE (MATH)||Technical AAS Degree: if MAT 1313 is required, or Technical Certificate: 12.0 or above||MAT 0113 Beginning Algebra|
|Career: Below 9.0||VOM 1103 Related Studies Math|
|TABE (Reading)||Career: Below 10.0||VOR 1103 Related Studies Reading|
|Technical Certificate: Below 12||VOR 1103 Related Studies Reading|
|ACT(SCIENCE)||21 or above and 3 high school sciences including biology and chemistry with grades C or higher||May enroll in BIO 2513 & 2511, A & P I and lab|
Prospective students must have earned passing scores on the GED or possess a standard high school diploma to enroll at PRCC. Short term non-credit workforce courses are offered for those who possess neither a standard high school diploma nor a GED. For more information phone: 601-403-1241.
* grade of “C” or higher in one year of high school algebra
**grade of “C” or higher in two years of high school algebra
***Prerequisite: A score of 17 English subtest of the Enhanced ACT or ENG 0125 with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Students whose ACT or COMPASS scores require enrollment in developmental courses are placed in a prescribed curriculum.
LLS 1313 Orientation and LLS 1423 College Study Skills are mandatory for students enrolled in ENG 0125 and MAT 0123 or MAT 1233. See prescribed placement charts.
- Students must meet both the ACT math subtest requirement and the high school algebra requirement before enrolling in Intermediate or College Algebra.
- If a student has taken the ACT more than once, the highest subtest scores may be used in class placement.
- A course load of 15 semester hours or more is essential for graduating in four semesters; less than 15 hours increases the number of semesters of enrollment and reduces the allowed semesters for receiving financial aid.